Thursday, February 17, 2011

Does anyone make horsey straight jackets?

My vet just needs to come live with me. She comes to my house so often for Firefly, she could probably drive here in her sleep. She came over yesterday to check on her. Miss Fly has been cleared sound for riding! Her tendon is healing up nicely. She's only allowed to walk and trot for the first two weeks and to avoid tight circles and collection for a while. One full month before any jumping. She was really stiff in her hind end when we moved her around the round pen though. Vet said this may be from being out of shape from stall rest.... or she may have a preexisting hock condition. I'm hoping it goes away with time, a 7 year old horse shouldn't have to deal with joint supplements and hock injections! My poor girl. Anyway, I'm planning to build her a stall run soon so she can keep moving, since there's no way I'm allowing her unsupervised turnout in the pasture or arena ever again.

Good news though, my mini Fancy is definitely pregnant! I felt the baby kicking last night! So that's exciting. She's due around June. I wish there were more Fast Tracks in Colorado this year. More and more things make it harder to be gone for all of July, but it would be a bit ridiculous for me to go to Florida since I live 4 hours from Pagosa. This summer will be crazy no matter which one I choose.

Just wanted to add that little update. We had another windy day of trees blowing over and stuff, so no play today, just school work. Which I am almost done with!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that Firefly is doing better. I hope to get to see pics of Fancy's foal soon....
    I enjoyed Roxie's story. What ever happened to her in the end?

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete